Monday, February 2, 2009

This is a busy week for our adoption process

We have been running non-stop in this process this week. The appraiser came for the home refinance, as we try to find the funding for our adoption. I have papers to pick up all over town, marriage license copies (3 originals), medical forms, birth certificate for Mike, financial papers... our home visit is on Saturday. We called to see if our boys might be able to be here. We felt the prompting from God to call them. They were raised in our home and can be a good resource for the agency worker to talk to about growing up in our home. Mike has to be out of town a lot this week so he is stressed about us having everything together by Saturday, but I trust God will get it all together for us. Also we asked several special friends if they would be references for us and so we have that process taking place. I will contact our facilitator tomorrow and start gathering what he needs from us.
I was supposed to join Mike on a business trip the end of the month and now need to make the decision as to whether I go or not. Our sons band has its first large official concert at the Performing Arts Center on his college campus and they hope to release their first cd then. So I have to decide what I will do with that as soon as possible. We have scouts tonight and I have a trip coming up soon with them that I need to get organized. And we have several books on Ukraine that I need to finish reading and get turned into the library, 2 I plan to order for our trip. We were thinking this was dragging, but God knew we would need the down time before the race :) We love and appreciate all of you who are lifting our son up in your prayers as well as us in this process, we feel encouraged and uplifted. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment