Friday, January 30, 2009

Abundant Joy!

I could not believe the day we had today, God is moving so precisely. At 8:30 the doorbell rang, I could not imagine who it was and it was UPS with my birth certificate, I could have kissed that guy. Would have shocked him; as it was I closed the door and did a happy dance :). 9:00 the phone rang and it was the appraiser for our refinance. He will be here Monday. You can pray it appraises for what we need to have to help out with some adoption costs. We are just listening to God and so far he has been faithful. I had lunch with a dear friend and then ran to the Scout office to finish up Eagle paperwork for one of my Scouts, we are almost finished with his final write up before his board of review. Hopefully his board will be soon so I won't be in the Ukraine during it, I don't see that as a problem yet. Then picked up an Xray, our son Michael has to have his wisdom teeth out over spring break and that all fell into place. Then I ran home and was so thrilled to realize we had been blessed with the money to expedite our home study...the exact amount needed to do so. That will mean our home study can be done in three weeks. I will have to change the budget sheet when the refinance is complete but they assured me that will not be a problem. So I went to the post office and watched the gentleman behind the counter weigh it and figure everything up for us and when he said thank you I just got goose bumps, Godspeed I said as I left the counter and did another happy dance when I got home. Considering over the last two weeks we have had some spiritual warfare taking place with the freezer dying and losing 75% of our food supply that I had put up last summer, then the range went. But in the long run the stove was 32 years old and the freezer 20. But now the kitchen has a new range we found on clearance for half price and a new energy efficient fridge. We know the freezer went but the fridge is 19 years old and we figured it might give up in sympathy to the other two appliances so we prayed and replaced the fridge and will get a store rebate that will almost completely cover the cost of a new freezer latter on. So we get our passports done tomorrow since I have two birth certificates one for homestudy and one for passport :). I will work next week on the other dossier paperwork and hopefully have it almost all together by the time the home study is complete and the DSS review is done. Then we can get that package translated. Our goal when we started was to be in Ukraine the end of May early June, we pray that works out. That is our goal. When we filed we were told 8 months to a year, June is 8 months. So we are abundantly grateful to our Father who is about His business. And we were blessed by one of the blogs that we keep up with, not that we aren't blessed by all of them as we see God working, but this one touched me so deeply. To be so burdened for these children that you get up and pray for each one in the middle of the night, I was covered in goose bumps again claiming those prayers and knowing God will honor them. And yet we will never know all of how that is honored but they will be. And some of you reading this may be the beginning of a journey for you to a foreign land to save a child and love Gods orphans. I am filled with abundant joy for all the Father does for His children. God be with those who are called to answer the prayers of a faithful yet burdened servant of our mighty Father.

3 comments:

  1. God is moving! I am thrilled as I see Him at work in our journeys to our children. We're coming, kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family has been praying for a family for Vova and today I received an email from Michelle telling of your blog. We are excited to continue to pray for you all and to follow your journey too. We are church family of the Pretres who are in the Ukraine right now and we have been praying for their journey as well. We look forward to seeing God at work through your adoption. God's blessings to you all as you take this journey with Him!

    Heather H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love keeping up with your blog. We're friends of Matt and Sheila who are in Ukraine now and I went to college with one of the missionaries over there. Thanks for keeping us updated. We're praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete