Monday, December 29, 2008

The Paper Trail...

:) I tried to find a scripture to uplift and express our present undertaking..."Jesus wept" was close for me; I could relate. I had my medical today and feel like a pin cushion. And the Homestudy paperwork has begun. I already have writer's cramp and my brain is mush tonight. About an hour and a half into it I was getting disheartened with the overwhelming amount of detail, I needed to scrounge up. Mike says we bought our house with less information than this, that was 20 years ago though; and where we lived before this? I cannot remember the address, though I know where it is :) I don't think that counts though. So we have to drive over there, thank heavens it is close by.
I was questioning today 'was this all just the beginning? would we survive?'... and then God spoke...He arrived through the mail. A simple manila envelope, which contained a homemade Christmas card from a special young man!!! My day did a 180 degree turn around. God knew I would need that card on this day as I am trying to get it done as quickly and efficiently as possible. So today we spent some 3 plus hours filling out forms and gathering information; then I spent 3 hours doing my medical. I have a pen circle on my arm so I can remember where my TB test is and a needle hole from the Syphilis and Aids blood tests collection. And the Doc said my blood pressure was up, go figure. Other than the lab work Doc is filling out my paperwork for my medical evaluation, Mike still has to do his. I have a zillion questions for our homestudy agency tomorrow, I would email tonight but my brain is not quite fully coherant at this time. David and Michael have to go back to school in less than two weeks and they have been working so time to sit and share is special. I finally found the white out, since Mike caught an error in part of the paperwork :). And day one of the Homestudy comes to a tired but somewhat satisfied close. Our prayer requests are for our finances, finding all our necessary information, my blood pressure recheck in 3 weeks :) just to be safe and remembering all the questions for our agency on my paperwork. And that I could have most of this paperwork filled out, because I always heard what ever you are doing on New Year's is what you will do all year... and though I know paperwork is probable with our adoption I would like to think it will all be quick and thorough and not too draining. Oh and our passports didn't happen they closed passport processing 11 minutes before we got there, so we have to try again when Mike has some time free from work...

No comments:

Post a Comment